New car selection...




I am about to change my car, providing that I will sell it at a reasonable price, and I am looking for a new car (I live in Europe).

I am after a car equipped with a petrol engine up to 1.8L, sporty characteristics as much as possible, practical (so not a 3-door car) and cheap to run (this means no Alfa Romeo or VW...). My budget is around €25,000.

Below I have listed the cars I have checked out and my findings:

Honda Insight (Elegance edition)
  • Most affordable hybrid in the market
  • Good fuel economy
  • Cheap to run (considering servicing expenses etc)
  • Warranty
  • Residuals
But....
  • Bad rear visibility
  • I tried to get at the back...but I just could not fit (I am 1.87m tall)
  • I liked the interior design in the photos....but in real life, due to the fact that it is based on Jazz, it felt too crowded with all the switches etc
  • Tiny armrest that looks funny...
  • Definitely not fun to drive, even with paddle shift
Peugeot 3008 1.6THP (Premium Pack edition)
  • Nice interior design
  • Quality seems improved compared with the past
  • Roomy inside
  • Compact in terms of size
  • A lot of standard kit
But...
  • Odd looks from the outside...
  • Questionable reliability
  • Not expensive in terms of servicing, but not cheap either (cost for 1st service around €150)
  • Residuals
Opel Insignia 1.6 Turbo (Sport edition)
  • Miles better that its predecessor
  • Presence
  • Germanic feel
  • Sport seats feel good
  • FlexRide...providing it does what it says on the tin
  • Power output (180 hp)
  • Value for money (costs around €24,000)
  • Cheap to run (cost for 1st service around €70)
But...
  • It's huge...so if you live in a big city, parking becomes a very challenging task and requires a lot of patience
  • Piano black trim doesn't achieve the desired quality effect
  • 18" wheels come as standard....meaning that tire replacement is costly

In any case, I would appreciate any suggestions, thought etc
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]