Valeo Beep and Park system (kit No5) for my new car







When I placed the order for my new car, the salesman suggested an alarm and a parking assistance system as gifts, but due to the fact that the system didn't come with a display and the sensors could not be painted, I decided to find a parking assistance system myself.

I contacted a shop, which was recommended to me, and I was informed that a system with 4 rear sensors and a display would cost me €200 - €250 (depending on the make - the Valeo system was the most expensive), excluding installation and painting of the sensors.

Following a discussion with a friend of mine and a few phone calls, I ended up finding the same system (Valeo) for €130 less!!! That was great, but then I had to find someone to install it, which was the tricky bit.

Another thing that I found out was the fact that the sensors, which are included, must NOT be painted. This is for two reasons:
  1. painting will not be good and the paint will peal off
  2. painting them will result to malfunctions
The system I ended up buying was the Valeo Beep&Park (kit No5) with 8 sensors, for front and rear, with a display. It costed me €170.

The company which sold me the system replaced the ones in the package with paintable ones at no extra cost. The paintable sensors are primed and although the outside ring is black, as in the standard ones, the metallic central part of the sensor is visible and thus you can immediately spot the difference.

The sensors were sent to my dealer and they were painted in the body colour.

After a lot of research and questions, I decided that the best place for fitting them is my Opel dealer, as there are a lot of problems reported with Insignias fitted with parking assistance systems.

As soon as the system is installed, I will let you know about the final result and my impressions.