OPC radiator grille in real life



Back in October, I did a research on the radiator grille alternatives for Opel Insignia (earlier post). The OPC grille arrived and I went today at my dealer in order to check it out. I had some doubts about the aesthetic result, due to the honeycomb mesh design and the matte finish of the upper insert.


 

It is a very nice grille, but again I am not convinced that it will look spot on. The OPC lower mesh was also ordered and there is a substantial difference in height. It could be trimmed in order to fit, but I think that it's a lot of hassle...

I also asked about the price of the rear chrome fillet, as the matte one would look better if the OPC grille is fitted. It costs around €300!!!

To be honest, considering that the front bumper will have to be removed in order to replace the grille, I don't think I will be bothered with the it....