Replacement of DRL bulbs with LEDs


There a few things that I would like to change/add to my car, with the first one being the replacement of the DRL bulbs with brighter ones.

The bulbs currently used are the following:

Toshiba
12v 21/5W
W21/5W
E2 217
W8 ZR

Following an initial research on this matter, I discovered that those bulbs could be either replaced by PIAA Mirror White T20 double 580 large capless 27/8w (stock code H366) bulbs or by LEDs.

However, the PIAA bulbs provide whiter light, but because of the blue glass, the brightness is actually down a fraction.

The LED type suitable is 4773. I discovered this from a Fiat forum, due to the fact that the same stock DRL bulbs are used in Fiat 500.

After spending a lot of time searching for good LEDs, I came across in eBay with iJDMtoy and I placed an order. Today, the package arrived along with 50W6Ω resistors in order not to have false warnings about the DRLs.

As soon as the replacement is done, I will post photos showing the result.