Radiator grille alternatives for Opel Insignia!!!

Updated on 23 Oct



Modified OEM grille (the upper part has been painted in white and the rest chrome parts have been painted in black)

Modified OEM grille

Modified OEM grille

Opel Insignia is a nice car (ok, at least IMO), but if you own one in Sport trim (which has no chrome on the door handles), you may find the radiator grille a bit too much with all those chrome bits. At the end of the day, it's supposed to be the Sport version...

I have seen the Irmscher and Steinmetz offerings, but in the first case I was put off by the installation instructions (a saw is required!!!) and the old Opel logo used, while the latter one is not to my liking.

Billykom (member of Insignia Club) supplied also some photos showing a few alternatives based on the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) grille, but again I didn't like the result, except the one where the two lower parts have been painted black. The big question though is the durability of the paint... One solution could be the complete removal of the lower parts, but in order to do that, the bumper has to be removed in order to open the clips from the inside.

Therefore, I started thinking the next option. Fitting the OPC grille! I phoned my local dealer and they are expecting one at the beginning of November. They will check out, on a demo car, if it is easy enough to install it and then, they will let me know.

Since the order was placed a couple of weeks ago, I started having some doubts about the aesthetic result, due to the honeycomb mesh design and the matte finish of the upper insert. Also, the lower grille is different and the OPC one doesn't fit in the "normal" Insignia.

A friend of mine had the opportunity to take some shots of an OPC next to a "normal" Insignia and my fears came true... take a look and judge by yourself.




I have already emailed Irmscher, in order to find out whether the new Opel logo can be fitted. I will keep you up to date on this matter.


Installation instructions for Irmscher Radiator grille insert (i4101050 / i4101055)